Thursday, July 23, 2009

Test of Metal Canada June 2009

June 20, 2009 Jon completed the Test of Metal for the second time! It’s a 45 mile course which includes uphill, down hill, single track and a lot of treacherous terrain. It is an Olympic qualifying race that takes the fastest just over 2 hours, the average competitor 3-4 hours and the humans 5-6 hours. Jon came in 3rd out of the 7 guys that did it with him. He finished in 4 hours and 57 minutes! During the race Shannon and I went to different look out spots to watch the racers. It was a ton of fun cheering them on and finding our way through Squamish!

The 7 riders from our group just before the race

They all drew a symbol with a nickname so they could tell when someone from the group was ahead of them. Jon's nickname was Pelon, which means bald in Spanish.


Shannon and tied balloons to us so the riders from our group could see us cheering them on.
The starting line right before the race

The starting block
Jon waving just after he started the race.
Ady waiting and watching for daddy.

Just finishing up the race
After the race

3 comments:

The Good Life said...

Hey! Sorry I didn't get your message until you were already signed off! But it looks like you figured it out. :) Didn't know you had a blog!

Clark Family said...

Way to go Jon! That is awesome. Glad you had fun cheering him on. Oh and I like his nick name!

Shannon said...

You did good with the videos. I always freeze up and end up filming he people right before or right after Dan. I had a ton of fun with you guys and can't wait to cheer them on again.